Perspectives Programme: supporting career starters to make a difference
The Perspectives Programme is a Kaleidoscope internship for people at the start of their careers in the health world. Our interns are supported to design and lead their own project to improve the way under-represented voices are heard in healthcare.
We empower our interns to make a real difference so, alongside supporting client work, they design and lead on a project of their own that will improve the way unheard voices are heard in health and care. We support them to spend approximately 20% of their time developing and delivering their project, and the topic is totally up to the interns.
It could be telling the stories of a marginalised group, a project to hear lived experiences in policymaking, or something completely different! Examples of the projects some of our previous interns have done include a Zine about eating disorders within the LBGTQIA+ community and a student mental health film festival.
Alongside this, our interns gain experience of our consultancy work by providing support for our external client projects and getting involved in the internal running of our organisation.
The programme is open to all, no matter a person’s background or experience. This could be someone’s first paid job or someone looking for a career change – we’re not interested in what university someone went to, or if they went at all for that matter. We look for people with a passion for improving health and care, who want to promote underrepresented voices and celebrate diversity.
What we offer
The Perspectives Programme offers:
- a nine month paid placement
- the opportunity to design and deliver an original project, supported by Kaleidoscope colleagues
- real work experience as part of a team delivering our consultancy projects with external clients
- exposure to a diverse range of events within health and care
- a mentor to provide support and advice throughout the internship
- flexible working, with options to work remotely and the option to have any reasonable adjustments that allow you to do the job to the best of your ability
- visits to organisations and partners within our network
- free lunches (when in the office)
- table tennis matches on the office balcony (when in the office)
- an annual leave allowance of between 20 and 40 days pro rata.
We are not currently accepting applications for the Perspectives Programme.