Bigham’s Food FAQ
Saturday 9 October 6-8.45pm
We kindly request that you prep for all recipes 30-40 mins in advance of the event. This will allow everyone to cook all recipes in good time and have fun along the way!
Some prep involves marinading of ingredients so please prioritise any steps that take longer or involve ‘set aside’ times.
- Store chilled items and fresh veg in the fridge overnight.
- Read the Before You Start section of each recipe card to help you prep like a pro.
- Check Recipe Cards for exact quantities as some may be needed more than once.
- Have the Right Equipment to hand for the session, this is listed with each recipe below.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Flat bean bruschetta with ricotta and salsa macha
Equipment needed: a knife, chopping board, frying pan, small saucepan, small blender, slotted spoon, griddle pan
Prep ingredients as per ingredients list: garlic cloves, lemons, and sourdough
Prep sesame seeds as per step 1
Sea Bass in banana leaf and coconut chutney
Equipment needed: a knife, chopping board, blender and a large frying pan with a lid
- Prep ingredients as per ingredients list: lime, banana shallots, garlic cloves, peppercorns and the curry leaves
- Marinade Sea Bass as per step 1 and set aside for 20 mins
- Prep the shallot crust as per step 2
Vegetarians: slice cauliflower into 1-inch steaks per person, marinade as per step 1
Equipment needed: knife, chopping board and a frying pan
- Prep ingredients as per ingredients list: ginger, fresh green chilli and fresh coriander
- Heat rice as per packet instructions and set aside to cool
Prosciutto di Parma wrapped chicken breast with erbette salata
Equipment needed: knife, chopping board, two large frying pans, oven proof frying pan (or oven proof dish), large saucepan and a colander
- Prep ingredients as per ingredients list: lemons, fresh thyme, garlic cloves, butter, chestnut mushrooms, kale, fennel seeds
- Prep and marinade chicken as per step 1 For the erbette salata blanch the kale, rocket and spinach as per step 5
Equipment needed: knife, chopping board, saucepan, frying pan, electric or hand whisk and serving glasses
- Prep ingredients as per ingredients list: meringue, pineapple, lime