We’re looking for a consultant in strategy and organisational development.
Hello, we’re Kaleidoscope. We’re a consultancy of a different kind. We work to improve health and care. We’re looking for an experienced consultant to join our team to help deliver our strategy and organisational development projects and help us grow.
Since we were established four years ago, we’ve grown from 2 to 26 great people. Although we’ve grown rapidly, we’ve not lost sight of why we were set up. As a social enterprise, we use our earnings to further our mission: to work with others to create a future that is connected, kind and joyful.
We meet this mission by advising clients across public, private and voluntary sectors in health and care on their strategy, supporting networks and partnerships, carrying out evaluations, and designing and facilitating a whole host of face-to-face and digital events. While much of our work revolves around meetings and events, they are not an end in themselves. These activities are one of our methods for gathering insights and learning that allow us to advise clients on developing strategy, building their organisations and planning high quality programmes.
Our first requirement is that you’re kind. Life is too short to work with people who aren’t. Second, you’ve got to be somewhere on our wavelength. We’re not a normal organisation. In fact we think the basic template of energy-sapping, soul-crushing, computer-says-no work places is fundamentally broken.
Beyond this, there is no ‘right’ sort of Kaleidoscopian. We want a company that includes different and unique people. If you’re reading this wondering ‘is it really for me?’ please get in touch to chat.
What we’re looking for
We know how important diversity and inclusion is as an organisation and for fulfilling our mission of creating a world that is kind, connected and joyful. We are committed to creating a company that ensures a diversity of voices in all parts of our work.
We particularly encourage applications from groups that are currently under represented at Kaleidoscope, including people from ethnic minority groups, disabled people, and people with gender-diverse identities. We have flexible working policies and would be happy to discuss flexible working requirements with any candidates.
We’re looking for someone who has experience in strategy and organisational development consultancy. Ideally, you’ll be able to tick some specific boxes, such as:
- Strategy and organisational development experience. Experience in designing and delivering strategy, OD and people change programmes. You understand the principles and techniques of OD and their practical application. You may come from a consulting environment or in-house consulting role involving major programmes.
- People-focused. A passion for people development and supporting teams to have the right organisation structures, processes and a positive workplace culture in place that enables them to grow and thrive. If you have energy, creativity and a real passion for people, change and transformation this could be the perfect role for you.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to build effective working relationships at all levels, particularly with senior and executive roles. You understand clients’ needs and challenges in order to support them to achieve their goals. You have sharply honed facilitation skills: you can read a room and channel its energies to secure a successful outcome.
- Project management and coordination. Proven ability to work under pressure and manage high levels of ambiguity. Successful applications will have a high-quality approach to project management, using tools to deliver work on time and within budget. Successful track record of supporting multiple projects.
- Expertise in the healthcare sector. You know what’s what in the health and healthcare world, and you can spot opportunities and identify issues even before our clients have.
Examples of the exciting things similar roles have done in the past include:
- leading an innovative strategy and staff engagement process for Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
- supporting leadership, change and transformation projects with a large London NHS integrated care system
- designing and delivering OD and team development programmes for a broad range of clients across health and care.
But I’m afraid if you’re not kind, well, we might as well part company now.
Salary and hours
At Kaleidoscope, pay is decided through a mix of individual decision and whole organisation discussion. When you join, we’ll make you an offer in the range of £40,000- 47,000 based on your skills and experience.
Within your first year, you will “own” your salary decision: we can tell you more about that if we meet.
This is a permanent, full-time position, based at our offices in London SE8 (although we are all working from home at the moment!).
How to apply
To apply, write a 500-word blog about the challenges currently facing organisations and teams working across health and care, and how you see yourself helping them to support them as part of Kaleidoscope.
Email it to email@example.com by 6pm, Friday 25 June along with:
- a covering letter of your relevant experience and how you meet our requirements (no CVs please!)
- confirmation that you have the right to work in the UK
- where you discovered the job ad.
Please only put your initials and day and month (not year!) of birth at the top of both your blog and work experience.
We do not want further information (such as education, hobbies, address) beyond this.
Please note that interviews are likely to be held on Tuesday 7, Wednesday 8 and Thursday 9 July over Zoom.
What questions do you have? Do look around our website and email us – firstname.lastname@example.org – if you have specific queries we can help with.
Thanks very much – we hope to hear from you.