We’re looking for a new consultant to help deliver our research and evaluation projects.
Hello, we’re Kaleidoscope. We’re a consultancy of a different kind. We work to improve health and care. We’re looking for a new consultant to join our team to help deliver our research and evaluation projects and strengthen our growth.
Since we were established four years ago, we’ve grown from 2 to 26 great people. Although we’ve grown rapidly, we’ve not lost sight of why we were set up. As a social enterprise, we use our earnings to further our mission: to work with others to create a future that is connected, kind and joyful.
We meet this mission by advising clients across public, private and voluntary sectors in health and care on their strategy, supporting networks and partnerships, carrying out evaluations, and designing and facilitating a whole host of face-to-face and digital events. While much of our work revolves around meetings and events, they are not an end in themselves. These activities are one of our methods for gathering insights and learning that allow us to advise clients on developing strategy, building their organisations and planning high quality programmes.
Our first requirement is that you’re kind. Life is too short to work with people who aren’t. Second, you’ve got to be somewhere on our wavelength. We’re not a normal organisation. In fact we think the basic template of energy-sapping, soul-crushing, computer-says-no work places is fundamentally broken.
Beyond this, there is no ‘right’ sort of Kaleidoscopian. We want a company that includes different and unique people. If you’re reading this wondering ‘is it really for me?’ please get in touch to chat.
What we’re looking for
We know how important diversity and inclusion is as an organisation and for fulfilling our mission of creating a world that is kind, connected and joyful. We are committed to creating a company that ensures a diversity of voices in all parts of our work.
We particularly encourage applications from groups that are currently under represented at Kaleidoscope, including people from ethnic minority groups, disabled people, and people with gender diverse identities. We have flexible working policies, and would be happy to discuss flexible working requirements with any candidates.
We’re looking for someone who has experience in research and evaluation consultancy in the world of health and care. Ideally you’ll be able to tick some specific boxes, such as:
- Evaluation experience. An understanding of how to use programme evaluation frameworks, theories of change, and metrics to measure impact in the health and care world. You are experienced in using a range of methods to gather data, including surveys, participatory workshops and interviews, and analyse at speed. You’re also comfortable working with quantitative data, such as producing excel graphs and synthesising qualitative and quantitative findings.
- Consultancy experience. You have a well-practised ability to understand clients’ needs and challenges in order to make the best research and evaluation offer to fit the purpose. You have sharply-honed facilitation skills: you can read a room and channel its energies to secure a successful outcome.
- Project coordination and management. You have experience of designing, leading or delivering research or evaluation projects, and a successful track record of supporting multiple client projects at a time. Successful applicants will have a high-quality approach to project management, using tools to deliver work on time and within budget.
- Bid and research proposal development. Supporting the design of new programmes of work in response to invitations to tender. You understand the appropriate application of mixed methods research tools for bids. You may have experience providing support to bids where research methods and frameworks are one part of an overall programme of consultancy work.
- Interest in helping to grow and strengthen our organisation. You have skills that will help us to establish robust ways to monitor and evaluate our internal operations, impact of our client work, organisational growth and activity impact. You can provide support to colleagues to better perform research and evaluation activities and methods. You’re on the ball with horizon-scanning for interesting methods and sharing insights.
Examples of the exciting things similar roles have done in the past include:
But I’m afraid if you’re not kind, well, we might as well part company now.
Salary and hours
At Kaleidoscope pay is decided through a mix of individual decision and whole organisation discussion. When you join, we’ll make you an offer in the range of £32,000- £47,000 based on your skills and experience.
Within your first year you will “own” your salary decision: we can tell you more about that if we meet.
This is a permanent, full-time position, based at our offices in London SE8 (although we are all working from home at the moment!).
How to apply
To apply, we’d like you to share with us a summary of an evaluation project you have worked on. In your own words, and no more than 600 words, please tell us about the aims of the evaluation project, explain how the data collection and analysis approach was decided, and briefly describe how the findings were communicated to the client and / or other relevant stakeholders.
Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm, Friday 25 June along with:
- a covering letter of your relevant experience and how you meet our requirements (no CVs please!)
- written confirmation that you have the right to work in the UK
- where you discovered this job ad.
Please only put your initials and day and month (not year!) of birth at the top of both your submission and work experience.
We do not want further information (such as education, hobbies, address) beyond this.
Please note that interviews are likely to be held on Wednesday 8 and Thursday 9 July over Zoom.
What questions do you have? Do look at our website and email us – email@example.com – if you have specific queries we can help with.
Thanks very much – we hope to hear from you.